Top of Mind is our weekly, hand-curated selection of must-read articles on marketing, PR, social media, and content for tech. These are the articles that we are reading and reacting to this week. Expert PR advice is all about preparation and knowledge. Hope these articles add to your ongoing education and marketing and communications toolkit.
Top of Mind: Must-Reads for the Week of Oct. 30, 2023
- I’m Already Doing Marketing and Advertising. Do I Really Need Public Relations Too? – CEOWORLD magazine
- Yes, if you want to set your company apart from competitors in a positive way. Embrace PR to guide the communications narrative aimed at customers, prospects and stakeholders.
- Crafting content that connects: A PR pro’s guide to digital storytelling in the modern era – PR Daily
- To incorporate storytelling into PR campaigns, craft a captivating narrative that resonates with your audience. Then, amplify it with digital platforms.
- 34 Predictions for Social Media Marketing in 2024 – Social Media Today
- What to expect next year? More AI from LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok and Instagram. And more from Musk on his efforts to move beyond Twitter to build X as an ‘everything’ app.
- Disney, Target & Taylor Swift: Wharton Professor Breaks Down Marketing Trends – Wharton Business Daily
- Want to stay ahead of the marketing curve? To connect with customers, emulate Disney’s storytelling. To build loyalty, follow Target’s personalization style. And to get some fresh social media and PR strategies, observing Taylor Swift.
- Tools of the trade: How Lou DuBois builds trust through storytelling at Home Depot– Ragan Communications
- Home Depot’s content strategy makes a tangible impact on the lives of associates and the brand’s audience through story-forward, human-centric narratives. Through storytelling, more than 30 creative pros showcase everything from Home Depot’s strategic objectives and history to its products and people.