Top of Mind is our weekly, hand-curated selection of must-read articles on marketing, PR, social media, and content for tech. These are the articles that we are reading and reacting to this week. Expert PR advice is all about preparation and knowledge. Hope these articles add to your ongoing education and marketing and communications toolkit.
Top of Mind: Must-Reads for the Week of Oct. 23, 2023
- The Ferris Bueller Guide to Smarter Storytelling | PRSA
- Watch the classic ’80s film “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” to brush up on your storytelling skills. A simple narrative framework, such as problem/solution, appeals to people’s hard-wired response to conflict.
- Earned Media vs. Paid Media: The Truth In “No Upfront Fees” – Spin Sucks
- Both earned and paid media have their strengths and challenges. So, use them together to reach and convert more customers.
- Marketing Techniques: What to Try in 2023 – Hubspot
- Why data-informed strategies, agility, social media brand-building and customer experience are so important to your company’s marketing.
- How to talk to the C-Suite about Public Relations – Remote PR Jobs
- Company leaders want to know that PR will impact their business, progress will be tracked with data, and PR goals will align with business objectives.
- How to use AI to boost your marketing content – Silicon Republic
- AI-generated content will never fully replace humans when it comes to creating original, brand-specific and authoritative content.