Top of Mind is our weekly, hand-curated selection of must-read articles on marketing, PR, social media, and content for tech. These are the articles that we are reading and reacting to this week. Expert PR advice is all about preparation and knowledge. Hope these articles add to your ongoing education and marketing and communications toolkit.
Top of Mind: Must-Reads for the Week of August 21, 2023
- Four PR Pro Tips For Landing Holiday Gift Guides — Forbes
- To increase your chances of being included and boosting your sales, start pitching your products now for holiday gift guides.
- Media Relations Trends to Consider as a New Academic Year Begins — Inside Higher Ed
- Longer lead times for stories and increased workloads for journalists have resulted in delayed or non-existent media coverage for organizations. Tension is ‘ticking up’ between PR pros and journalists.
- The ‘true Human Influence’ Manifesto: Leveling Up Influencer Marketing Measurement | —The Drum
- Influencer marketing replicates the persuasive power of word-of-mouth recommendations from friends and family, but on a larger scale.
- Balancing generalists and specialists: An essential strategy for marketing success — Martech
- Generalists understand marketing disciplines and see how they work together, while specialists offer focused insights. Both roles are essential for collaboration and effective marketing, and finding the right balance is crucial.
- Privacy as Human Right: Recent Amazon, FTC Legal Actions — Martell Media House
- Recent FTC enforcement actions against Amazon highlight the shift towards data privacy as a fundamental human right. Companies must prioritize data privacy into core business strategies, moving beyond mere compliance.