Top of Mind is our weekly, hand-curated selection of must-read articles on marketing, PR, social media, and content for tech. These are the articles that we are reading and reacting to this week. Expert PR advice is all about preparation and knowledge. Hope these articles add to your ongoing education and marketing and communications toolkit.
Top of Mind: Must-Reads for the Week of August 7, 2023
- Twitter, Facebook, Google: See the Companies That Rebranded Themselves – Wall Street Journal
- Rebranding is a common tactic to signal a shift in focus or address reputation issues.
- Elon Musk’s Twitter Rebrand: What Marketers Can Learn – CMSWire
- Elon Musk’s rebranding of Twitter as ‘X’ is not new, but it offers valuable lessons for marketers.
- LinkedIn Updates Marketers Need to Know – Social Media Examiner
- LinkedIn debuts tools that generate drafts, detect fake profiles, filter notifications and stream ads.
- 5 Mistakes You Do That Are Killing Your Marketing Efforts – Entrepreneur
- The key to success lies in leveraging social media, optimizing email campaigns, knowing the audience, building authentic relationships and maintaining consistency.
- How To Navigate Social Media Trends & Emerging AI Technologies [Podcast] – Search Engine Journal
- Jamie Gilpin, CMO at Sprout Social, on preparing social and marketing teams for artificial intelligence.