Top of Mind is our weekly, hand-curated selection of must-read articles on marketing, PR, social media, and content for tech. These are the articles that we are reading and reacting to this week. Expert PR advice is all about preparation and knowledge. Hope these articles add to your ongoing education and marketing and communications toolkit.
Top of Mind: Must-Reads for the Week of Oct. 2, 2023
- How to Secure More Press for Your Company – Marketing Profs
- To maximize PR’s impact, brands should offer distinct opinions, think like journalists and craft personalized pitches.
- Cultural changes for PR success in Europe vs. the U.S. – PR Daily
- Understand the nuances of each country, including language, culture and media landscape. Providing local contacts for interviews is preferable.
- The Celebrity Apology Video Aesthetic – The New York Times
- Celebrity apologies on social media rely on curated, intimate settings to appear authentic and relatable. Recent cases show mixed results, with repercussions such as resignations and bans.
- 4 common advertising mistakes tech startups make and how to avoid them – Maddyness UK
- Define clear business goals, diversify tactics beyond competitors, balance advertising with other methods, and ensure regulatory compliance to achieve marketing success.
- Supercharge Your Next Marketing Campaign: 5 Unconventional Prompts For ChatGPT – Forbes
- ChatGPT can supercharge your strategy, identify pain points, communicate clearly and provoke emotion for memorable marketing.